Sickness
We had a rough start to winter, with all three of us being sick several times within a two-month time period. And let's face it - when your baby's sick, you tend to coddle them a bit more. Well it appears that Kyle's become accustomed to this coddling.
He now plays the "sick card" to his advantage. For instance, this morning he wanted a juice box and in an attempt to get him out the door and into the car, I told him, "You can have some juice when we get in the car." His response?
"But mom, if I don't have my juice now, I will get sick! And I will be very, very sick!"
Or when he's told that he can't have a treat, he says, "But mom, my tummy doesn't feel good and I think that a treat will help it feel better."
Or when he's just sad, or lonely, or bored, and need some extra attention, he says in the saddest possible voice:
"Mommy, I think when you were sick you gave me your germs."
Translation: "Mommy, I need a hug and some extra love."
No comments:
Post a Comment