Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Conversation Box

Every year we try to think of some way to show our friends and neighbors how much we love and appreciate them. In avoidance of the overused "plate of goodies" (which we often do), I've tried to come up with something that's "never been done before." It's usually easier said than done.

This year we were the recipients of one such gift. We arrived home one evening to find a "Conversation Box" sitting on our doorstep. Upon opening the tin box, we found literally hundreds of little pieces of paper, each printed with a question. We were instructed to draw a piece of paper out each day and answer the question. It also came with a guarantee that we would cry, laugh, and just plain get-to-know-each-other better.

I have to say that the conversation box is a hit. Already it's sparked conversations, debates, and laughter. One of our favorites: If you had to lose one of your five senses, which would it be?

How grateful we are for good friends and thoughtful gifts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth!
I don't know if you remember me from the good ol' Aggie Ice Cream days, but I had to tell you what a cute family you have! Amy Alleman gave me this blog address & I've had fun browsing. I hope you have a wonderful holiday!
-Emily (Ernstrom) Stauffer
emily_stauffer@yahoo.com