A colorful, HAPPY day!
I'm not really a runner. I don't run dozens of miles every week, and I'm not very fast. I have no desire or intention of ever running a marathon, or even a half. A sprint triathlon sounds pretty fun, but only if I can improve my swimming. That being said, I LOVE a good 5K. Short and sweet, with a fun energy about it.
So when the COLOR Run came to Hershey, I jumped on that band wagon pretty quickly. And when Kevin said he wanted to do it, too, I covered my shock well, said "Great!" and registered him before he could change his mind.
We registered just in the nick of time, literally minutes before it was filled. I had no idea how popular it was, or how packed it would be. Call me naive, I guess. Unfortunately, it was so packed, that I could've walked faster than we ran, but oh well. Once we saw the type of race it was, we really wished we would've brought Kyle with us. Shoot, maybe even Marie could've done it.
We had a quite a few friends running, also. We ran into the Carr's along the path and partied with them afterwards.
We had a blast doing it, but I think next time will be a family affair. Our kids would love it.
Afterwards, we hit up Hershey Park (happy!) for some fun with friends. We're pretty lucky to have these guys. Greatest friends ever. Now, would somebody please adopt an 11-year-old boy so Kyle can have a friend?!
Someone, who shall not be named (ahem, KYLE) had a bathroom emergency while waiting in line for the Sidewinder. So we used the bathroom, then entertained ourselves during our looong wait for the rest of the gang to get off.
Matt is basically a fully-grown child and prides himself on beating other innocent children at amusement park games. He's been known to gleefully rub stuffed animals in other childrens' faces as he walks away.
So you can imagine Kyle's excitement when he crushed him at the water-shooting-game-thingie. Kyle was pretty stoked, although he did refrain from any celebratory dances or face rubbing. I was proud of him.
No comments:
Post a Comment