June catch-up
Yes, that's a cheer. Not a cry of agony. :)
Kevin finally built and launched his two-stage rocket. Let's just say that it was less than successful. I have video of the launch that still sends me into giggling fits, but this photo will have to do. Yes, that's Marie in the background, trying to pull the rocket out of the ground. Hil.ar.ious. However, Kevin would have you know that he's made adjustments and has successfully launched it many times since!
Marie had her very first dance recital, and loved it. I feel like this deserves its own post, too. Several highlights, and sooo many lows. Man, what a night!
This sequence of pictures makes me cringe and laugh at the same time:
She got her ears pierced for her 6th birthday. She's been wanting to for quite some time, asking pretty much every week. We've never had a certain age or rule about it, but I wanted it to be her choice. So she would ask, I'd say yes, and then she'd chicken out. For about a year now. Imagine my surprise when this day, she said. No tears, no nervousness, just excitement. She didn't even cry when they were pierced, just a slight whimper a few minutes later. And to say that she's happy she did it would be the understatement of the century! I will say that it instantly aged her and made both Kevin and I a little sad.
Kevin has an obsession with socks that must be documented. There's nothing better to him than fresh, new socks on his feet. But the old ones don't wear out, so he just keeps adding. I just had to give up one of my drawers to make room for his socks. The next person to gift him new socks better give us a dresser to go with it.
We floated down Pequea Creek, as part of Marie's birthday weekend.
Marie turned 6 - finally! My kids both have summer birthdays and are the youngest in their classes, so by the time their birthdays roll around, it seems like they've already been that age forever. Does that make sense?
Our sisters like to keep us in shape. And Marie liked showing off her biking skills. She gave Chavez a run for her money, while Lammy and I huffed and puffed behind...
Our summer has also been full of sleepovers, which I'm not exactly sure how I feel about. Actually, I do know. I don't really like them. I'm just not sure what to do about it. This was Marie's first away from home, and she had a blast with these sweet girls.
Kyle had Cub Day Camp.
And I finished the month off with a bang, turning the big 3-4. Friends came over. We laughed, we ate, and we got to humiliate ourselves with a pinata. Good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment