Sunday, June 03, 2012

I've missed you

I did some major photo organizing this weekend and was ashamed of myself. Three FULL memory cards, people. Three. I had pictures dating back to November of 2010 (San Diego trip, Brian & Natalie?!?) for heaven's sake! I laughed and cried as I looked back at these photos, and smiled because of the people who were in them. Life is good. Oh, so good.

I've given myself a guilt trip over this blog many times. And I've wanted to do it for posterity's sake. But, this weekend I realized something. I've missed it. Guilt and laziness aside, I've missed documenting my life and remembering the little moments. Because I have an awful memory. And if I don't write it here, I'm not going to remember it.

So, I'm back. But if we're going to make this work, my posts aren't going to be well thought-out. And my photos aren't going to be edited (as if that's really going to make a difference - I really have no idea what I'm doing in Photoshop). We're talking straight out of the camera. And they're going to be crappy point-and-shoot photos a lot of the time. But you know what? I like the crappy ones almost as well as the good ones. Real life, you know?

I might do some catch-up posts, or those might go straight to the Blurb book. We'll see how it goes. But I'm back!

I've missed you.

8 comments:

Natalie said...

This makes me very happy! Welcome back. You've been missed :)

Abbey said...

Yeah! I've missed you too! And I totally support straight out of the camera and quick posts! Makes it so.much easier!

Shillig Family said...

Yay!!!

Cindy said...

Yay!

BALL said...

Happy Day! Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Woot Woot!

Cassy said...

We sure miss you guys! Looks like you are enjoying your new...not so new anymore home and community. It's fun to read about your family!

Dana said...

It's great to see you back! ;)