
For the first time ever, Kyle cared what he wore on the first day of school. In fact, he may have even tried this exact outfit on last night, in front of the mirror, to make sure it looked just right. As Kevin said, "I don't think I cared about what I looked like until after 6th grade. He's way ahead of me, which is good. Because when I look back at pictures, it's just embarrassing."

Well, his hard work paid off because this picture melts my heart. Have you ever seen two cuter kids? If you know Marie, you know she was right there in the action with her "pack-pack," all ready for school. She packed only the most important items: a Capri Sun, a pencil, and a Littlest Pet Shop.

Our first morning consisted of awaking WAY too early, a request of orange rolls for breakfast, a special phone call from Dad, a before-school dance party in the kitchen, and pictures. Then we were off to school to reunite with long-lost (not really) friends!

I followed him to his class with all of his supplies and he settled right in, with a slightly nervous smile. And I said a silent prayer in my heart that his first day would go well. We both deserve it, after the year we had last year. But it's going to be a good year, I can feel it in my bones. We have a great teacher, a fresh start, and a positive attitude.
So here's to 2nd GRADE!
4 comments:
Second grade is one the greatest. So great, in fact, I went back for 3 more years of it! Here's to a great year for Kyle (who does look very spiffy!)and the whole Turner Clan!!
I cannot believe he is in second grade!!!!!!!! He looks so studdly in his school clothes!
where's the updates, yo?
RUth! where did you go? give up on the blog!? i miss your posts and updates- hope you guys are well :)
Post a Comment