Thursday, July 23, 2009

Movin' on up

We just finished up another successful summer of swimming lessons and passed Level 2. This year Kyle improved his front stroke, learned the backstroke, and learned how to tread water.


My two favorite things about this session:

1. Kyle's total grump of a teacher. I'm telling you, she's one grouchy girl. She was always late for lessons and always had a scowl on her face. Except when she was talking to Kyle. Then her face would light up and I'd even catch her laughing. I don't know what it was. Maybe he has magic voodoo powers.

2. Watching Kyle's confidence grow. It's crazy to think that in previous years we'd been forced to drop out of swimming lessons because he wouldn't even get his face wet. Even last year, he was a nervous ninny. This year, he's swimming the length of the pool and doing sommersaults under water. It's amazing.


Marie and I had our own little routine during Kyle's lessons. For 20 minutes, she would sit. So obedient and easy-going. Then at the 20-minute mark, she would do this:



Which would quickly lead to this:



And for the remainder of the lesson, I tailed her as she stole people's flip-flops, begged for people's snacks, tried to walk into the pool, and climbed where she shouldn't. Good times.

1 comment:

Cassy said...

Emma and Marie would get along great! Are you moving back to Utah yet?