Blessings
There are blessings and curses that come with blogging. One of the curses is that 15 minutes of blogging so easily turns into an hour. Not because I'm busy posting (obviously), but because inevitably, I'll find some random stranger's blog and get hooked. My husband thinks I'm the biggest loser, when I look at stranger's blogs, but there are some awe-inspiring stories out there. It was this way that I came across the story of a sweet little baby girl fighting for her life. Born with heart defects, she underwent a transplant yesterday. A transplant that didn't go so well. So once again, she's fighting for her life. I can't stop thinking about it and praying for her.
One of the blessings that comes with the blog world is staying in touch with old friends. And it was this way that I learned that a dear friend had lost her husband in combat yesterday, fighting in Iraq. I immediately burst into tears and haven't stopped praying for her since. She's strong. So strong. But a person can only go through so much and she's had one tough year and a half. And now she's lost the person closest to her in the entire world.
It's made me sad. It's made me reflective. And it's made me so, SO grateful. I consider the trials in my life and they seem so silly. I have been blessed so abundantly and somewhere along the way I forgot that. Or maybe I didn't forget, I just took it for granted. I have a wonderful family. I have an amazing husband and beautiful children. And I get to be their mom. I'm so blessed, temporally and spiritually. And I need to be better about remembering that on a daily basis. I need to remember my priorities.
So tonight I'm going to cuddle with my husband and snuggle my kids. Even if Marie's sick and screams and fights the whole time. I'll just love her that much more. Because I have everything in the world to be grateful for.
2 comments:
I love this post, its so true, so many blessings and yet so much pain and struggle around. I get lost in blog land too.
This touched me. I can totally relate. Layne asked me just the other day...'do you even know that person?', as I was reading a complete strangers blog. Hmm...
I'm also grateful that my trials are so small as I look at others who might have lost a loved one or have gone through other huge tragedies in their lives. I really have nothing to whine about!!
Post a Comment