Friday, December 26, 2008

A Jolly Holiday

We experienced a freak snow storm here in the desert this year. Except, when I say we I really mean them because we were on our way to Virginia for the holidays. And as much as I'd like to have experienced snow in the desert, we sure had a great time. It was the first time we'd all been together in about 2 years and we'd been looking forward to it.


What's a vacation without a trip into D.C. on the metro? We thought we'd seen it all,
but we made it to a few new stops.



Like the Bureau of Engraving. It was quite possibly the worst tour I've ever been on, but it was interesting and Kyle was fascinated by the money.


I wanted to buy a sheet of un-cut dollar bills, but they were charging four times the price!
First of all, they're rejects. Second, I was actually saving them time and money by not
cutting them. I just couldn't do it...



Next stop: The American History Museum



Where, luckily, they had a fantastic children's area. We love kid-friendly museums.




We had some new family photos taken.




And still had time to relax...




...and play Rock Band. Kyle and I are starting to feel gypped that we don't have a Wii OR Rock Band. Might have to do something to remedy that situation.



We played games, including some killer Bunco, and Bingo, where Kyle won 4 of the 6 rounds.




Then it was time for Christmas Eve pajamas, which were out of this world.
Are you ready for this?

No really, are you?



Aren't they fabulous?! Kyle had "Kung Fu Panda" on the brain and declared them his Ninja pajamas. The fabric came straight from Grandma's craft room, were sewn with love, and are oh, so comfy!




We were having so much fun that Christmas was almost an afterthought.
Marie couldn't get enough of the bows and paper.



And Kyle seemed pleased as punch over this Star Wars toys. And BYU gear. And videogames. And movies. And new Transformer. My, my, isn't he spoiled.



And somewhere in all of this, my girl celebrated her half-birthday.
To celebrate the big day, she got a new dress.

And at:
15 lbs. 5 oz.
25 5/8"

it fits her perfectly.
I could eat those cheeks all day long.
Love her.

9 comments:

Lorena said...

You got a "mom" cut! It's cute!

Missy said...

Oh so cool. Too bad you missed the snow though. I LOVED it.
Watch out for the Rock Band. Jason and I played that, got hooked. A friend is getting it for the boys (we already bought Rock Band) and now I am bedridden because I did too much bowling, baseball, tennis, etc. with the Wii and then picked up Cody, hehehe. I guess I am more out of shape than I though. I still want the Wii :D

Rochelle Pullins said...

Ruth I found your blog, your daughter is beautiful. My baby also loved the ribbons and boxes instead of the toys.

Rochelle

Suzanne said...

I love all the pictures! I didn't realize that your parents were back in Virginia. Looks like you guys had a fun trip. Kendall is campaigning for Rock Band, too.... Where exactly in California are you right now? I know that California is huge, but we're going to be in the L.A. area in February. How close to you is that?

Cindy said...

Fun fun! You're hair is so cute, btw!

Cassy said...

Looks like your Christmas was fun. Cute Haircut! and oh...I love the pj's.

Clemstock said...

Wow, those really are some pjs!! I love the matchingness of them and had a brief flashback of XXL hot pink sweat outfits that we got when we were younger from Grandma. We do matching PJs every year here too.

Brandi said...

oh my gosh ruth! i am cracking up at the jammas. they remind me of 99 percent of the jammas that we would get. one year zach and eli had super special ones - also made out of fabric from grandmas collection. we called them their snow mobile p.j.'s and i think that every time that they wore them they would slip right out of the bed before the night was over. we are still getting the home made ones too. gotta love it.

Marissa said...

Love the hair! Have I seen it that short? It's probably been on your blog somewhere. I'm a terrible friend but....you're hair is adorable!