Milestone
If there's anything that signifies the true end of babyhood, it's this:
Moment #1: Kyle came to me one day, very concerned."Mom, I was eating a snack and it pushed on my tooth and now I think it's loose!"
It was only after much excitement and celebration on my part that I convinced him that it was okay for his tooth to be loose. Not only was it okay, it was great!
Moment #2: He comes to me again, even more concerned,with a bloody mouth and a gaping hole in his smile.
"Mom, I was un-tying my shoe lace (with his teeth) and look what happened!"
Once again, it was up to me to convince him of the greatness of this moment.
So we danced and cheered and celebrated.
He celebrated because not only did he get two whole dollars, but he also realized he was the first of his friends to lose a tooth. That's a big deal.
I celebrated because I didn't have to pull it out! I don't have the stomach for it, and he's too big of a chicken. I was sure that tooth would be hanging by a thread before it came out.
3 comments:
What in the world happened?! He's grown-up all of a sudden! It really does go to fast...Way to go Kyle! (and cute post about the monkey bars)
is that 2 dollars i see....boy things have changed we got a 25 cents and for our front two top teeth we got 4 quarters haha
I'm surprised to hear that you don't have the stomach and he's a chicken after the whole millipede incident.
Post a Comment