Weekend Getaway
Trips to the temple seem to be a rare occurrence these days, what with a newborn and the 4-hour round trip commute. So we've decided to take matters into our own hands and make a vacation out of it.
Every other month or so, we head down to L.A. for the weekend. The temple has these great apartments you can rent for the night, so one of us does a session Friday night, and the other Saturday morning. Works like a charm. And Kyle thinks it's just about the coolest "hotel" he's ever stayed in.
After we finish at the temple Saturday morning, we spend
the day doing something fun in the city.
Every other month or so, we head down to L.A. for the weekend. The temple has these great apartments you can rent for the night, so one of us does a session Friday night, and the other Saturday morning. Works like a charm. And Kyle thinks it's just about the coolest "hotel" he's ever stayed in.
After we finish at the temple Saturday morning, we spend
the day doing something fun in the city.
There's something about the beach that we just can't get enough of. The waves, the sand...even with lots of people around, it's all so relaxing. If only we were a little bit closer.
This is how Marie spent the day, which is just fine by me because I wasn't quite sure what I would do with her if she woke up. The not-being-able-to-wear-sunscreen thing is really a problem.
And this is how I spent my day. About that book...I'm not so sure about it.I could go on for quite awhile, but I'm glad the series is over.


4 comments:
That's great that you can get an apartment through the temple! What a great idea! Happy birthday to Kyle and I'm sure he'll do great in school. We're moving this weekend, so we may be out of touch for a while as well, but hopefully will be back to blogging soon!
I can't believe Kyle started school. Tell him my boys love his back pack! As for that vampire book... I felt the same way, I could have done with out 1/2 the book. I'm glad I read my sisters copy and I'm even more glad the story is over. :)
I love it! What a rewarding weekend tradition Ü Yea, the no suncreen bit is quite a problem. Next summer she'll be in the sand with you....probably eating it!
Holy Cow! I haven't talked to you forever!! Your blog is adorable (as always)! I miss you!! Your pictures are always soooo cute! Say hi to the family for us and keep in touch, sista!
Post a Comment