Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas! Once again, this year finds us amazed at how time flies and marveling at all of the blessings we’ve received. We’re so grateful for this time of year that allows us to slow down and remember what’s truly important.
2007 was a year of change for the Turner family and frankly, we’re a little relieved that it’s all over and we’re finally settling down!
A week later, Kevin was commissioned an officer in the United States Air Force and we began a new phase of our lives. While relieved to be finished with school, we were reluctant to leave our friends and family and nervous about what this new career meant.
And that’s when we like to think the real adventure began! In September, we made the move to our first assignment at Edwards AFB,
However, we’re happy to report that we’re getting used to our new home, and the coyotes, snakes, and roadrunners that came with it. We’ve loved the weather (wait until summer…) and have met some wonderful people. Kevin likes his job, and is serving as the Ward Mission Leader in their ward (yikes!). Ruth loves being home with her energetic 4-year-old and serves as a Sunday School teacher for the 12 & 13-year-olds (best calling EVER). Kyle continues to be darling and smart, and we laugh at him every single day, which he’s starting to resent. He’s obsessed with all-things-Superhero and is a boy in every definition of the word. We love him!
And perhaps our greatest blessing of this year came when we found out we’re expecting another baby! It’s an answer to many, many prayers, so we are beyond excited! We can’t wait to welcome this new little one in June and become a family of four.
So like we said, it’s been a year of change and blessings. And among some of our greatest blessings are you, our family and dear friends. Don’t let the desert atmosphere deter you from visiting! We may be in the middle of nowhere, but we’re a close drive to all of
Love,
Kevin, Ruth, and Kyle
16 comments:
When I began reading your letter, I was hoping I'd hear an "announcement" of some kind. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys! Very cute picture.
Ruth-
Congratulations on the upcoming arrival! We had to do a lot of praying for our little #3. It makes you appreciate them that much more, don't you think? Are you feeling alright?!
Merry Christmas!
Congratulations on the baby! We are so happy for you! Oh yeah, and merry Christmas!
CONGRAT! We are so excited for you. I know that it has been a long wait. How have you been feeling? Thanks for keeping updated on your family. We love reading your blog and seeing pictures. We miss you guys around here.
Oh happy day for you guys!! Congrats on expecting another little gem! What exciting news! I am bursting with happiness for you! You look FABULOUS by the way, Ruth, as always!!
Oh, I'm so excited for you guys to have another baby!!! YAY!
Ruth - I love reading about you and your family and still feeling connected. I wish I could run down the hall, throw my arms around you and yell in your ear "Congratulations!" but this lame comment will have to do. I love you and your family and hope this upcoming year is filled with wonderful blessings!
Ruth,
I have to admit, like Nancy, I was hoping to hear that wonderful news! I bet Kyle is so excited! If it's a boy, maybe you could name him Jace, Evan, or Lance! They all go nicely with "Kyle".
Congratulations SO MUCH!
Love,
Jenny
YAY!!! I am so excited for you! I'm sure glad I read your blog instead of just the postcard or I would have missed the announcement - maybe I'll have an announcement myself one of these days...........
Congrats you guys! Having two kids is a blast! I love the picture by the way!
Yeah! Congratulations. Wonderful!
Merry Christmas!
congrats....on the upcoming arrival of another little turner...girl or boy????? we are happy for you and miss you all.
Congrats! Scottie and I are so excited for you! Keep us updated. Feel free to check out our blog anytime at scottandtasha.blogspot.com We miss you guys!
Congrats on the new baby on it's way! I hope Christmas was good. We need to get together. Have a good day. i hope your feeling good.
Congrats Ruth! We are so happy for your family. It has been awhile since you have posted! =)
Belated Congrats....You should be pround of yourselves:) Kidding. What a blessing and a joy! Now you'll be able to show me how to raise two kids...I've been waiting for this!
Post a Comment