Monday, March 31, 2014

March's This & That

Some of the random, little things that occurred during March. Courtesy of my phone, of course!



 
Kyle and I have a long-standing tradition of going to LSHS's annual spring musical. We've both loved it, but I wondered if he was starting to get too old for it. If he would think it was lame or embarrassing. And on top of that, Marie is now old enough and begging to go. So this year, I asked him if he would mind if his sister came along. And he replied, "Well, if she has to. But I kind of like it just you and me. You know, something we do together." So, I think it's safe to say that he still really enjoys it! I guess I might be seeing it twice in the future? Unless I can convince Kevin to take Marie...

Anyhow. Neither of us was too excited about this year's choice: Seussical. But I have to say that we were pleasantly surprised. It was awesome, and LSHS always has a fabulous, talented cast. I'm amazed at what they can do with high school productions...such a fun night with my boy!
 


Just a week later, we got to go support some friends in LS Idol. We'd never been before, and it was a blast. Lots of talent. I'm so glad my kids love music.


We had to snap a picture with Grant, one of our favorite friends and contestant in the competition. If you can't tell by his red face, he was completely embarrassed by the attention and physical contact. He deals with some issues and I was so impressed and proud of him. I had no idea he had such talent!



We celebrated St. Patrick's Day, which has somehow become one of our very favorite holidays. There were leprechaun shenanigans, green food, treasure, class parties, and Marie's 1st annual St. Patrick's Day party. Much more to come!



We hit up Bucca di Beppo, in honor of Matt's birthday. It's the craziest Italian place, filled with odd, kitschy stuff. Honestly, I think we wandered around the place for an hour marveling at the weird decor. So fun.



His only wish was to sit at the "Pope Table," and his dream came true. Yes, that's a bust of the pope in the middle of the lazy susan, and yes, it's slightly creepy to be eating your dinner with the pope staring back at you.


And yes, we may have taken a photo in the bathroom, just to document the whole experience.



Spring arrived, and our beloved Rita's opened again! Kyle lives and breathes their Swedish Fish gelati. Come visit, we'll take you!



We had Stake Conference, which I wouldn't normally take pictures of. But at one point I looked around at my family, and was hit with a combination of humor and shame. Apparently, this is what the Turners look like at stake conference - Marie playing with friends, Kyle sprawled out asleep on the chairs, Kevin playing the Etch-a-sketch, and me....taking pictures, I guess. Lots of room for improvement there! In our defense, we found our favorite missionary, and I actually remember most of the talks!



My kids have the best grandparents ever - both near and far. These guys drove three hours to attend kindergarten's Grandparents Day. And then turned around and drove home. They sure know how to make our kids feel special.



They had a whole program lined up, with poems, songs, a scavenger hunt, and buffet of desserts. The older grades don't put forth nearly the effort, so this was a treat. My parents told Kyle he'd better have his songs and poems ready when they come to his Grandparents Day in May. :)



No comments: