40: Trip to the bookstore
There are few things in life that I love more than a good book. I'll read anything and everything. And when I'm not in the middle of one, with the next one waiting by my bedside, I feel a little lost. Not sad, exactly, just a little melancholy. Problem is, being in the middle of a good book doesn't exactly make me the best wife or mother. Just ask my poor husband, who didn't get an ounce of decent sleep last night, until I finally turned the lamp off at 2 a.m.
Anyways, I'm working hard to brainwash my children into my book-loving way of thinking. And while I'm not sure I've succeeded quite yet, I HAVE passed on my love of bookstores. A trip to Barnes & Noble makes for a perfect day. We can spend hours in there, obsessing over what to buy. It's our favorite. And while part of me knows that I could definitely find the same books cheaper on Amazon, the other part willingly pays the higher price because I'm so afraid that they'll go out of business and we'll be left with only online bookstores. And nothing would make me more sad.
1 comment:
You should make a list of your recommended reads! I just reserved edenbrooke from the library because its supposed to be wonderful! Have you read it?
Post a Comment