"I Know When I Am Baptized"
Kyle made the decision months ago that he wanted to be baptized and has been waiting eagerly all year long. We had many discussions and lessons on baptism and he was more than ready. He knew exactly what covenants he was making and was so mature and responsible about it.

This was his night, so we left all of the decisions up to him. What we were going to sing: "The Iron Rod" (not a baptism song? Who cares!) and "The Still Small Voice." Who was going to speak: Grandpa Turner and Grandpa Russell. The prayers: Grandma Turner and Grandma Russell. Kevin even left it up to Kyle as to who would baptize and confirm him, despite my concerns (What?! It has to be his dad! What if he chooses one grandpa over the other!?).
But I shouldn't have worried, because the night was perfect. Of course he asked his dad to baptize him. Why wouldn't he choose his best buddy? And I didn't need to worry that his pants weren't white enough. He was perfectly handsome. And I didn't need to worry that nobody in our new ward would show up, because the few that did were the perfect additions.

The spirit was so strong that night, and I'll never forget it. I couldn't take my eyes off Kyle as I watched him listen carefully to the special words his grandparents spoke to him. He was so proud, so happy, and felt so special. He knew that he was doing the right thing, and he knew that he was loved. All was right in his world.
And once again, I was shown how blessed we are to have this little boy in our lives. He's been through some big adjustments the past few months, and I've seen the growth in him. Not only does he navigate through his new world, but he's done all he can to help us in ours, as well. He tries to please his parents, is a kind and good example to Marie, and tries his best to make good choices. Yes indeed, lucky are we.
3 comments:
You don't know how happy I am to see updates!!
What an exciting few months for Kyle. Congrats on the baptism, surviving (and loving) school, and turning the rip old age of 8!
Wow, time flies. I can't believe he's 8. Congrats on being baptized!!!
Yeah, you updated!!! So glad you guys are doing so well, looks like you're having lots of fun!
Post a Comment