Christmas Fun 2009
This year just might have been my favorite ever, as far as Christmas mornings go. I know that presents aren't what it's all about, but on Christmas morning...well, presents are a REALLY big part. And this year, we were so excited.
Kyle has been begging for a Wii for 2 years now. It definitely topped his Christmas list. Then suddenly, a month before Christmas, he changed his mind. Suddenly, Legos topped the list. Luckily, Santa came through with a set of Legos. He loved themBut do you see that paper Christmas tree at the top of the picture? Well, attached the the tree was a piece of string that wound all over the house and yard. And at the end of the string? A Nintendo Wii! Dad & Mom thought it would be a fun family gift, and Kyle couldn't have been more thrilled.
He got a new Toy Story game to go with it. We love Toy Story in our house.Miss Marie was spoiled rotten. I think she got everything a little girl could dream of. This was her reaction to the play kitchen. Love it!
Next came a baby stroller. Oh my, she thought she was in heaven. She grabbed her baby, and stuffed her in, making sure to do up the "buckle."
Then came a dollhouse, which I'm pretty sure she liked. What do you think? With each new present, she jumped up and down and squealed. It was hilarious. By the time she got to the new baby doll from Grandpa & Grandma, I thought she was going to lose it. She screeched at me to get it out of the packaging, gave it a hug, chucked her old doll out of the stroller, and put her new baby in its rightful place.Kevin and I were spoiled as well, but it was really all about the kids. I always thought my parents got gypped on Christmas, always just watching us open all of our presents. But I get it. Sure, it's fun to open a present or two, but there's something so magical about Christmas through a child's eyes. So fun.
A New Tradition
We also started a new Christmas morning tradition: homemade donuts. However, I use the word "tradition" lightly, because that implies that it happens more than once. And I'm not sure we're going to do this again.
The idea was great, and they were pretty to look at, but they didn't taste that great. We'll either have to do some serious perfecting during the next year, or find a new tradition.



2 comments:
I have a perfect recipe for you! Its sooo easy, you don't even have to let them rise! I think they beat my traditional donuts I used to make. They are sweet potatoe... don't be fooled they are sooo tasty!http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/sweet-potato-doughnuts-with-maple-icing-recipe/index.html
I didn't use the exact frosting she did, rather a traditional maple frosting, not glaze. And with pecans on top- OH MY GOSH!! SOOOO delightful! Seriously try em you won't be disappointed!
Oh my, I laughed when I read about Kyle changing his mind. Lexia has done that to us every Christmas for the past two years and of course when we try and work it so Santa might bring "some of the toys" her response has always been, "nope Santa always brings the toys". And, with Santa being such a fleeting thing, the big man had to deliver each year.
Post a Comment