Thursday, October 01, 2009

Belated

Once upon a time, waaaay back on August 21st, Kyle had a birthday. His 6th birthday, to be exact. And boy oh boy, did he ever have a good time.


I think I need to start downplaying holidays at our house, because once again, he was up by 6 a.m., ready to open his presents. Hide n' Seek with the presents is a favorite activity in the Turner house. However, this year we were informed that they were just "too easy to find."



He raked in way too much loot. But he got everything he'd always wanted (for the last 2 months, anyways). After presents, he was off to school, where he got to be the first birthday celebration of the year. Because of the school's healthy food policy, cupcakes were NOT allowed, and we were forced to come up with a healthier birthday treat alternative. The best we could come up with: popcorn & Capri Suns. After all, who wants carrot sticks on their birthday?



After school, we did birthday cake (plain chocolate sheet cake, for the second-year running...) played with presents, and finished off the day at a baseball game. I was desperate to avoid a birthday party, so we told Kyle he could pick one friend and invite him anywhere. The friend was cute little Eric, who we just love and the where was a JetHawks baseball game, complete with hotdogs, chips, drinks, and tokens to the Fun Zone. Could it get any better?



But perhaps the best part of Kyle's day was that Grandpa & Grandma were here to visit. I think given the choice between Grandparents and presents, Kyle would definitely pick grandparents. Even on his birthday.

Happy 6th Birthday, little man. I'm grateful every single day that you're mine. I'm so lucky.

4 comments:

The Gardners said...

Wow, 6 years old. I think he will always be 3 in my mind. Glad he had such a great day!

BALL said...

Looks like you had fun, they grow so fast!

Shelby said...

Happy Birthday Kyle!! Looks like you did pretty good for yourself! We hope to be able to come visit soon. Miss you guys!

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

I'm so glad you found our blog! We decided to live on base after all--in fact, we just got back to CA this weekend and were so stinking excited to come to the Muroc Ward today to see everyone and share the good news... but then showed up this morning to an empty parking lot haha. Stake conference, we assume?

Anyway, Matt goes TDY for November so we're staying with friends in Bakersfield right now. But we'll be there next Sunday for sure and would LOVE to get together again! We had such a good time with you guys.

PS-Happy late birthday to Kyle :-)