Chaos
Please tell me that I'll gain back control of my life someday soon. Because as it stands now, it is definitely out of control.
I mean, for heaven's sake - my children are almost 5 years apart. It shouldn't be that difficult, right? It doesn't seem to be for all of you moms of many kidlets. Well, it obviously is for me.
Clean house? Nope.
Clean laundry? Nope.
Exercise? Not as much as I'd like.
Happy children? Not so much. At least not at the same time.
I have a friend who specializes in having children, year after year, and she says that you've just got to hold on tight for 2 months, and then you get your life back.
So, the way I see it, by the time August 20th rolls around, I should be sane again.
8 comments:
Two months? I thought it was more like 18 years. But what do I know? Just a rookie myself ...
PS: Even if they're not happy at the same time, at least they're cute!
Thanks for proving my belief - adding a child to the family - no matter the spacing - is an adjustment. Those little newborns are a lot of work!! I wish I could come over there and bring you dinner and watch Kyle for you like you did for me!!
Enjoy the ride...because it is just that a ride (sometimes a roller coaster, sometimes a merry-go-round). Don't count on your life ever being the same, but it does get easier. Hold on tight! You're a great Mom! Remember...Housework and Laundry will always wait for you(comforting...I know), and if you are already exercising you are a step ahead of me.
Um, I think that 7 consecuitave hours of sleep is the real marker, but that doesn't do anything for the laundry or the dishes. Hang in there. You're an awesome mom.
Lets see....we are almost to 3 months and I haven't figured out how to get things done, besides holding the baby of course. When you figure it out, please pass the remedy along Ü
Ruth, that sounds very similar to how I feel all the time...by the way, did you get that package from me with all those letters from the past. I enjoyed them and figured you would too.
22 months and still counting for me!!
It seems this response is closer to your 2 month mark than the date you actually posted this. Shows you how 'with it' I am!:} I find it impressive that you're even finding the time/energy to blog. I have a hard time with that one and my youngest is 2 years old!
I think you end up finding a 'new normal' every time you add someone to the family. You can't go back and moving forward happens much easier once you actually get consistent sleep - such a happy thing when they start sleeping through the night. Good luck and enjoy! (They get 'big' much too quickly.) You're a wonderful mother!
Post a Comment